CONTINUING TRAINING KEEPS TEAM MEMBERS AND CUSTOMERS SAFE
At M. Davis and Sons, safety is not only a policy; it’s part of our culture, reflected in our corporate values, policies and practices. Everything we do is meant to keep our employees safe and productive.Safety is never to be compromised and we have zero tolerance for unsafe practices. Because we believe safety is a team responsibility, each employee is responsible for the safety of everyone around him or her.
- M. Davis maintains a drug-free workforce. Our enforcement measures include pre-employment, random, for-cause and post-accident drug testing.
- We conduct field audits to ensure work is done to OSHA, customer, and M. Davis standards.
- We hold Toolbox Talks at least weekly at job sites.
- Supervisors perform a safety task analysis with the crew for every job.
- Our Safety Committee consists of team members from all trades.
Our goal is to always keep our workers safe by looking out for each other and alerting management to issues that may arise on the shop floor or on the job. That way, together, we are always ready to take on a challenge and exceed our customers’ expectations.
Training and continuing education program
M. Davis offers team members the opportunity to receive formal craft training. We invest in our team members by providing top-notch training for the next generation of skilled trades.
- Our highly trained team members contribute to innovation and powerful results for our customers. Among our programs are:
- State of Delaware Apprenticeship Program – we are one of the largest suppliers of apprentices to the Department of Labor’s statewide program
- In-house craft training including ASME AND API welding class
- NCCER third-party training and validation training
- Project management training through accredited universities
- Field supervisory development
- Annual training for National Electrical Code and first aid & CPR for all electrical team members
- Signalperson training to meet OSHA requirements
- 10-hour annual OSHA Safety Training
- Read the full details of our various training programs for field personnel here.