VTi by M. Davis dvUDS Series
Dual-Voltage Unitized Distribution System (dvUDS)
The VTi by M. Davis Dual Voltage Unitized Distribution System (dvUDS) is a modification to our standard UDS designed to provide electrical power distribution at both 480/277 volts and 208/120 or 240/120 volts in a single, freestanding integrated enclosure. The dvUDS is applicable for industrial and commercial buildings where there is a requirement for both 480/277 volts, 3 phase, 4 wire, and 208/120 volt, 3 phase, 4 wire or 240/120 volt, single phase, 3 wire service. The integrated enclosure houses:
- A 480/277 volt, 3 phase, 4 wire, panelboard with or without a main circuit breaker
- A 3 phase or a single phase dry type transformer from 15 through 75 KVA
- A 208/120volt, 3 phase, 4 wire, or a 240/120 volt, single phase, 3 wire main breaker panelboard
The dvUDS is designed with three isolated compartments, which contain:
- A 480/277 volt panelboard
- A 208/120 volt or the 240/120 volt panelboard
- A transformer
The transformer compartment is a completely separate ventilated compartment. The heat from the transformer is ventilated through an air passageway or chimney in the rear of the enclosure which allows the heat from the transformer to bypass the distribution equipment and is safely exhausted through the top of the enclosure.
Each of the panelboard compartments are provided with door-in-door construction with dead-front trim panels for access to the branch circuit breakers.
The dvUDS has the following features:
- Provides the 480/277 volt and 208/120 volt branch circuit distribution from one free standing panel
- Requires only one 480 volt feeder circuit instead of two when using separate components
- Saves floor and wall space
- Easy to wire with large wire gutters for load connections
- Completely factory wired and tested
- Saves field labor when installing one piece of equipment instead of three
- Additional savings achieved in reduced design, purchasing, and material handling
The dvUDS is available with the same options as the standard Unitized Distribution System (UDS).